Apprentice HVAC Champaign IL
Why Service Experts Career Academy Team?
We are searching for motivated individuals who want a career, and not just a job, to join Service Experts. Our Career Academy is designed specifically to help those individuals develop the skills they need to have a lifelong career. Successful applicants become apprentices and attend classes, get hands on training, as well as on the job experience.
To be successful as an apprentice you should manage your time well, follow the health and safety protocols, and have a strong desire to learn.
Apprentice are Expected to:
- Attending classroom learning and participating in as many learning opportunities as possible.
- Assisting within the relevant department and learning about other aspects of the company.
- Observing health and safety procedures.
- Completing all tests, presentations, and other required evaluations.
- Positively receiving instructor's feedback.
- Attending meetings and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Complete the daily work process form
Successful Candidates Need:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders with a 30lb tool belt
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- A strong desire to learn.
More Opportunities View All