Building Engineer- Decatur IL
Responsible to ensure the efficient operation and basic maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems for the assigned property(s). Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) maintaining a clean and safe working environment, performing rounds, conducting routine assessments, performance of day-to-day preventive and corrective maintenance, painting, and housekeeping for assigned properties
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform all basic plumbing, electrical, or HVAC requirements of the building(s)
• Maintain heating equipment, chillers (air and/ or water cooled), DX units, pumps, cooling towers, fan coil units, VAV, and air distribution systems, etc.
• Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, steam stations, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings
• Verify field conditions and perform any necessary repairs or adjustments
• Monitor Energy Management
• Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors and other general repairs, adjustments and installations about the property
• Perform repairs to plumbing fixtures (water closets, urinals, flush valve assemblies, lavatories, etc.)
• Perform preventive maintenance duties in accordance with C&W standards, building protocol, manufacturer recommendations and industry best practices. including changing filters, cleaning coils, flushing condensers, punching tubes, greasing fan, pump and motor bearings as required, inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning pulleys and shafts, monitor condenser, chilled, heating and secondary water chemical treatment and its associated feed equipment, clean and maintain cooling towers, and perform annual inspections and other scheduled routines as directed.
• Inspect engine room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling tower, all motors, house pumps, electric rooms, back-up generator, fire pump(s), sump pump(s), and ejector pumps. Replace lamps, light fixtures, reinstall or replace signage, verify rooms are clean and clear of obstructions and debris
• Check for properly operating emergency exit signs and lights and ensure free and clear access to emergency stairs and exits. Perform additional fire and life safety inspections as per NFPA and local jurisdiction, C&W standards, building protocol and as directed by superiors and property management
• Document and report activities to supervisor
• Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually
• Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours
High School Diploma of GED Equivalent
Graduate of apprentice program or trade school preferred
• 5+ years of related work experience in operating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Appropriate license/permit for trade preferred, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses, such as Refrigeration Certificate of Fitness, High Pressure Boiler License, High Pressure Steam Operator, etc.)
• Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s Preferred
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record with periodic checks (where applicable)
• Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
• Experience in operation, maintenance and basic repair of HVAC, boilers, heaters, pumps, refrigerant systems, compressors, water systems, etc.
• Knowledgeable in energy management systems, techniques and operations.
• Thorough knowledge in all building systems operations, maintenance and repair.
More Opportunities View All