Building Maintenance Technician- Edwardsville IL
Job Description Summary
Responsible for assisting with operation troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on commercial buildings, industrial systems, grounds, and maintenance equipment for assigned properties/facilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: packaging and handling machinery, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, grounds equipment, and HVAC
• Clean, lubricate, and service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic devices
• Assist with installation and modification of building equipment and systems
• Replace and repair building finishes such as ceiling tiles, door hardware, wall paper, and can paint walls, piping, floors and equipment
• Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
• Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance
• Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer service requests as assigned.
• Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions, preventative maintenance, etc.
• Maintain and operate fire and life safety systems such as; Fire alarm systems, fire pumps and related fire protection system equipment as assigned
• Perform carpentry and snow removal when necessary
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Ability to use technology such as; smart phones, tablets, computers, web-based applications, building automation systems, etc.
• Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually.
• Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• 2+ years of related experience in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Technical, vocational or on-the-job training in at least one of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (commercial license may be required) and good driving record with periodic checks
• Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
More Opportunities View All