Business Outreach Coordinator Decatur, Champaign-Urbana, Bloomington-Normal, Peoria, Springfield, IL
Leidos the implementer for Ameren Illinois' award-winning energy efficiency programs, seeks a Business Outreach Coordinator. The Business Outreach Coordinator's primary responsibility is to build and support strong relationships with industry associations and groups in support of the Ameren Illinois energy efficiency programs. This position will work closely with Chambers of Commerce, economic development councils, professional associations, industry groups, and housing organizations.
Under the leadership of the Business Marketing Manager, the Business Outreach Coordinator works independently and serves as an outreach lead in collaboration with program managers, subcontractors, and others on the marketing team to promote and drive participation in the energy efficiency programs. This position will work alongside a very talented and growing marketing team.
Job Location: Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
Post COVID-19, candidates near the Peoria or Collinsville area may be required to work out of the local offices.
- Assists in the development and execution of program outreach strategies to support the achievement of energy savings goals and critical benchmarks.
- Presents information on the energy efficiency program and available incentives to associations and groups, both internal and external.
- Stays apprised of program changes and adjusts talking points and presentation content as needed.
- Coordinates and participates in promotional activities and special events, working to effectively market program incentives and the benefits of energy efficiency.
- Assists in the development of marketing materials and campaigns to support outreach efforts and group engagement.
- Coordinates sponsorship and advertising opportunities available through key professional associations and industry groups.
- Attends industry trade shows and events on behalf of the program.
- Provides regular updates and reports on outreach activity to the marketing team, program managers and client contacts.
- Track key program metrics by segment to help identify potential opportunities to increase participation and engagement with particular segment-based groups or associations.
- Assists in the development of joint marketing initiatives with community organizations to maximize marketing communications reach to the targeted audiences.
- Ensures brand standards are being met in outreach materials and presentations.
- Continues to be flexible throughout the program year to adjust outreach strategies and tactics based on program needs.
- Provide monthly activity reports
- High School diploma with 3+ years experience. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Education, or relevant field preferred.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency a plus
- Demonstrated capability and success in planning regular events and meetings.
- Ability to work closely with a variety of organizations, associations and groups.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to engage a variety of audiences.
- Ability to multitask effectively and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic, can-do attitude and will to succeed.
- Ability to follow instructions and the desire to learn new skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, quality and follow-through.
- Professional demeanor and dedication to delivering top notch customer service.
- College level math and English skills preferred.
- Experience with record-keeping and organization of data.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel primarily within the Ameren Illinois service territory for events and meetings.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
More Opportunities View All