Customer Care Specialist Peoria, IL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Leidos is seeking a Customer Care Specialist to support a utility-based Energy Efficiency Program which helps thousands of people save money and make their home more energy efficient. If you're someone who likes to work in a call center environment, help people and solve problems, please apply to be part of this exciting program.
A large part of this position includes taking incoming phone calls for the Ameren Illinois residential energy efficiency program. Helping with customer education and counseling with respect to residential energy efficiency (behavioral changes, programmable thermostat training, do-it-yourself upgrades, etc.), often including the review of energy audit reports with the customer. Assist the customer in obtaining and reviewing estimates and contacting their selected insulation/air sealing, home performance, or other contractor to schedule work. The position will also be responsible for working in database management systems and technical reference guides to review energy efficiency applications and will report to the HES Manager in Peoria, IL.
Job Location: Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
Remote work: This position will allow for remote work but will require a candidate to be located within commuting distance of Peoria IL or Collinsville IL area.
- Implement an Energy Efficiency Plan:
- Create and populate records in Customer Management System
- Complete and collect appropriate customer paperwork.
- Provide overview of the program(s)
- Conduct entry interview and energy advising consultation.
- Review available rebates, incentives with customer; assisting with finding and/or providing rebate forms; assisting with the completion of those forms using electronic forms when possible.
- Provide follow up to customers to help them complete home energy upgrades or participate in related programs; Remove customer barriers and leverage customer motivation.
- Track all activity in Customer Management System:
- Fill out all appropriate fields in Customer Management System
- Follow reporting requirements outlined by the Program Manager
- Integrate with and support related departments as needed, such as residential energy audits, trade ally management, rebate processing, and quality assurance.
- Properly execute all energy advisor workflows
- Address all program issues including customer, trade ally or utility complaints based on the defined procedures including proper documentation and follow-up.
- Plan, coordinate, and follow through on tasks and assignments in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with one plus (1+) years customer service experience or equivalent and exemplary customer service skills required.
- Ability to travel to the Peoria, IL and/or Collinsville, IL area as needed.
- Call Center Representative that can accept ownership for effectively solving customer issues, complaints and inquiries, keeping customer satisfaction at the core of every decision and behavior.
- Demonstrated fluency in English language, both written and oral
- Experience with or strong knowledge of building science principles.
- Expertise with or ability to learn web-based software Microsoft Office.
- Strong listening, oral and written communication skills
- Industry experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with clients and co-workers in a friendly, positive, respectful manner.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, even under pressure.
- Effectively utilizes available resources to achieve goals.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in all work products.
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver on goals
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities.
More Opportunities View All