Data Analyst/Engineer Champaign, Collinsville, Springfield, Decatur, Normal, Peoria, IL
Leidos is a premier national engineering-based management consulting firm. We are seeking an experienced and motivated candidate to join our team as a Data Analyst. The position is ideal for a person with excellent technical skills and energy engineering experience. The position will be responsible for a range of tasks supporting the program needs with data management, data modeling, and data verification, while supporting the overall program goals and expectations.
This opportunity includes performing analytics, modeling, and report building: communicating technical issues within the project team while working closely with contractors, suppliers, and program staff. In addition, this position will research technology changes to support improvements to the energy efficiency program and develop new energy saving methods for electric and gas customers.
Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
- Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports.
- Work with implementation teams to create a prioritized list of needs to improve the availability and presentation of business data.
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the Energy Efficiency Program and identify opportunities to effectively utilize program budget to meet program requirements.
- Work with managers to outline the specific data needs for each initiative.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state deliverable reporting requirements by performing data quality audits and analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Quantitative Field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering) with 2+ years related experience. High school diploma may be considered in lieu of a degree with an additional 4 years experience.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft tools
- Advanced experience with Excel, and other analytics tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to high-quality customer service
- Excellent attention to detail in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Salesforce or other CRM knowledge preferred
- Data related Python or R experience
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, data mining, and segmentation techniques
More Opportunities View All