Energy Advisor Champaign, IL
|• Responsible for as conducting residential energy assessments and behalf of utility-driven energy efficiency programs and The Illinois Home Weatherization Program for the residents of Champaign County and greater Central Illinois area. • Coordinate and conduct home energy assessments for qualified program participants. • The Energy Advisor II will analyze the client’s energy needs to provide energy education, install energy savings measures, and develop energy efficiency projects for the residents of Champaign County.
• Conduct energy efficiency and safety testing, as well as installing energy efficiency measures including LED lightbulbs, faucet aerators and showerheads, and smart thermostats. • This position will be responsible for completing and submitting program documents for project development, as well as participating in a variety of outreach and awareness-raising activities.
• Responsible for assisting in the completion of Weatherization Assessments on behalf of the Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP).
• Conduct preliminary assessments and assist in the development of energy savings models and project work scopes for the Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program.
• Complete an 11-week formal training, taking place over 6-months and provided through UIUC’s Indoor Climate Research Training Center, within 12 months of beginning the position.
- High school degree or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years of experience with residential construction, HVAC, plumbing, building inspections, or energy efficiency
- Building Performance Institute – Building Analyst/Envelope Professional Certifications, or comparable energy efficiency certifications are encouraged to apply
- Building Performance Institute – Energy Auditor desired
- Experience developing construction work scopes, bill of materials, or invoices
- A focus on modular, mobile, and site-built homes is a bonus
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Champaign County and Central Illinois as necessary to conduct services in the program coverage area
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in English (spelling, punctuation, grammar)
- Spanish language fluency is desirable
- Ability to manage and maintain product inventory, equipment, and company vehicles
- Ability to fill out program documents completely, timely, and accurately
- User level knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and report generating
- Computer skills needed to complete data entry and generate data reports in a variety of formats to support data analysis and program report functions.
- Ability to communicate conditions of the home and energy efficiency opportunities to a team of contractors
- Maintains a focus on best safety practices while adhering to program procedures
- Ability to handle program and client information in a confidential manner and report concerns as mandated
- Knowledge and respect for diverse cultures/lifestyles and problems of poverty in the community.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate special projects as needed
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Ability to lift testing equipment (approximately 40 lbs.), climb stairs and ladders to access rooms, and work in confined spaces
More Opportunities View All