Energy Advisor I Champaign, IL
Champaign County Regional Planning Commission is currently seeking an Energy Advisor I to join our team! Champaign County RPC is a people-focused agency made up of over 100 programs designed to generate possibilities for all within our community. A great deal of planning goes into creating opportunities where people can succeed on their own, and RPC is doing that work. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who desires to make a difference in our community!
The candidate will work closely with program partners, contractors, utility stakeholders, and qualified candidates to deliver energy savings measures and education to residents of Champaign County and Central Illinois.
This position is responsible for as conducting residential energy assessments on behalf of energy efficiency programs for the residents of Champaign County and the greater Central Illinois area. A successful candidate will coordinate and conduct home energy assessments for qualified program participants. The Energy Advisor will analyze the client’s energy needs to provide education and energy savings measures to the residents. After training, the Energy Advisor will conduct energy efficiency and safety testing, as well as installing energy efficiency measures including LED lightbulbs, faucet aerators and showerheads, and smart thermostats. This position will be responsible for completing and submitting program documents for project development, as well as participating in a variety of outreach and awareness-raising activities. This position will complete Building Performance Institute – Building Analyst/Envelope Professional Certification as available and within program budget.
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- Exposure to residential construction, HVAC, plumbing, building inspections or maintenance, Weatherization, or energy efficiency preferred
- Building Performance Institute – Building Analyst/Envelope Professional Certification – Ability to achieve certifications within 90-days from start date, training to be facilitated by CCRPC.
- A focus on modular, mobile, and site-built homes is a bonus
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Champaign County and Central Illinois as necessary to conduct services in the program coverage area
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in English (spelling, punctuation, grammar)
- Spanish language fluency is desirable
- Ability to manage and maintain product inventory, equipment, and company vehicles
- Ability to fill out program documents completely, timely, and accurately
- User level knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and report generating
- Computer skills needed to complete data entry and generate data reports in a variety of formats to support data analysis and program report functions
- Ability to communicate conditions of the home and energy efficiency opportunities to a team of contractors
- Maintains a focus on best safety practices while adhering to program procedures
- Ability to handle program and client information in a confidential manner and report concerns as mandated
- Knowledge and respect for diverse cultures/lifestyles and problems of poverty in the community
- Openness to constructive feedback with a focus on continuous improvement of job performance, and growth in terms of professional development
- Second language fluency a plus
- Ability to obtain building efficiency certifications within two months of employment
- Ability to travel to and navigate worksites regularly to perform job duties and responsibilities with little oversight
- Ability to attend program meetings and/or training as required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate special projects as needed
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Ability to lift testing equipment (approximately 40 pounds), climb stairs and ladders to access rooms, and work in confined spaces
More Opportunities View All