Energy Advisor I Collinsville, Peoria, & Springfield, IL
Walker-Miller Energy Services is an 21-year-old Detroit-based, core-values driven company committed to changing lives through energy efficiency. We create and manage customized energy waste reduction programs that help electric and gas utilities meet mandated energy savings goals. Our experience driven philosophy of energy efficiency as economic development helps families and businesses save energy and save money. Through innovative, inclusive initiatives, we help build communities by creating local jobs, producing equitable energy savings for all rate payers, and spurring the growth of diverse local businesses.
Our operating philosophy is reflected in our core values. We refer to them as B-Hive.
B - Boldly Go
H - Humble Confidence
I - Inclusive Stewardship
V - Value Reputation
E - Extraordinary Experience
This position is responsible for traveling to pre-scheduled appointments to install energy efficient equipment and products. Services are targeted to the residential and small commercial markets including building owners, management companies, small business owners, and trade allies / contractors. Introduce the various incentive programs that pertain to the customer segments, if necessary. This position will also be responsible for introducing and explaining the incentive programs that pertain to these customers sectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Perform all required duties as directed to install energy efficient equipment and products
- Daily travel to pre-scheduled appointments at apartments, condo units and other qualified building types
- Provide a professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the client
- Ensure the meeting of customer specifications and company quality standards
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Perform all required duties as directed to install energy efficient equipment and products including aerators, showerheads, and compact fluorescent lights. Install all energy efficiency equipment according to proper procedures.
- Perform blower door and combustion safety testing as required by the program.
- Work in a team atmosphere to collaborate and continuously improve operations year after year
- Occasional weekend travel to a job site to accommodate a customer’s need may be required
Education and Experience:
- In order for us to fulfill our mission to provide an extraordinary experience every day, we require all team members supporting Ameren Programs to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. There are limited exceptions for those with specific religious or medical reasons.
- If not currently vaccinated, you must be willing to get vaccinated as a condition of employment, requiring you to get the first shot upon offer acceptance and the second shot on schedule as per CDC recommendation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One to three years of experience preferably in basic wiring, lighting, construction, HVAC, troubleshooting and/or other technologies installed in commercial/residential applications.
- One to two years of previous customer service/sales experience required.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude required
- Experience in installing technologies, manual labor and using tools – Preferred
- Background preferred in one or more of the following: - Preferred
- Building science and design
- Building envelope
- Weatherization or related fields
- Building maintenance
- Home inspection
- HVAC, lighting, controls, or renewable energy
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient in using virtual platforms such as Google, Duo, FaceTime, and Zillow
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients, and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
More Opportunities View All
- HVAC Controls Design Engineer Springfield, IL
- Commercial Kitchen Equipment Service Technician- Decatur/Springfield/Bloomington IL
- HVAC Apprentice -Champaign, IL
- HVAC Installer Belleville, Collinsville, Edwardsville, IL
- Data Analyst/Engineer Champaign, Collinsville, Springfield, Decatur, Normal, Peoria, IL
- Business Outreach Coordinator Decatur, Champaign-Urbana, Bloomington-Normal, Peoria, Springfield, IL