Energy Analysis Engineering Specialist
Energy Analysis Engineering Specialist - Utilities and Energy Services/Retro-Commissioning
Facilities and Services
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
Facilities & Services (F&S) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is accepting applications for Energy Analysis Engineering Specialist. The Energy Analysis Engineering Specialist will provide Mechanical Engineering expertise in support of planning, facility design, maintenance, construction and operation of the Campus.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide leadership and direction to the student labor group that works with us. Create and update the color-coded floorplans. Train students in the use of Autocad, if needed. Maintain Sharepoint files to show status of updates. Provide drafting of control design drawings.
2. Evaluate and provide temperature control programming for the operation of HVAC equipment. Identify problems that require attention. Provide data analysis of existing temperature control data, as needed.
3. Prepare proposals and engineering analysis for energy reduction grants and/or campus organizations such as the student sustainability group, etc. Provide detailed scope of work and associated economic justification/payback rates for energy saving projects.
4. Provide analysis of existing mechanical systems of campus buildings for condition assessment, operating capacity, functionality, compatibility with associated systems and use of spaces served.
5. Provide detailed design documents (drawings and specifications) for designated projects for remodeling, renovation, repair, replacement or new work. This includes all necessary engineering analysis, design and layout of mechanical systems and its coordination with other aspects of the project. Support engineering staff on projects.
6. Provide O& M manual information as required.
7. Provide technical support to the Crafts for equipment and system problems and questions.
8. Provide project program analysis to determine detailed scope and budget for proposed repair, renovation, remodel replacement, or new work as assigned.
9. Provide technical support including shop drawing review, contract document interpretations, testing procedures and start-up.
10. Prepare and present training sessions for staff for various topics as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
· One year experience working in an engineering office assisting engineers.
· One year of AutoCAD experience. (Experience can be concurrent.)
· Trane Trace software experience is desired.
· Data analysis and extrapolation using Microsoft Excel.
· Experience in operating temperature control software programs such as Schneider Struxtureware or Siemens Desigo/Insight systems.
· LEED Accredited Professional Certification.
Successful Candidates will have:
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical plans and specifications
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after September 16, 2019. Salary is commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION:
Applications must be received by September 16, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you may be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
1. Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
2. Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
3. You must then upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), proof of academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable), and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information, you may contact Keri Frederick, 217-300-1575 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
More Opportunities View All