Energy Efficiency Engineer- Peoria IL
Leidos is a premier national engineering-based management consulting firm. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team in Peoria, Illinois or St Louis, Missouri as an Energy Efficiency Engineer. The position is ideal for a person with excellent technical skills and energy engineering experience.
This position offers the flexibility to work from home, however candidates must live in the Peoria, IL or St. Louis, MO area.
- Reviewing technical energy efficiency (demand-side management) incentive applications for Ameren Illinois electric and natural gas business customers
- Calculating energy savings estimates and validating energy models
- Communicating technical issues within the project team while working closely with contractors, suppliers, architects, and project engineers.
- Maintaining proficiency in assigned areas of expertise and providing technical assistance and leadership to the program in those areas.
- Researching technology changes to support improvements to the program.
- Completing special assignments relating to technical and financial regulatory compliance, data collection and presentation, application design, or other tasks.
Required Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or related) with 1+ years’ experience in energy efficiency or similar technologies. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Basic knowledge of the operation of energy consuming systems within the commercial and/or industrial markets (HVAC, lighting, energy management systems, process steam, etc.).
- Must be able to work cooperatively and conscientiously on a team with both technical and non-technical members.
- Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Must be well organized, able to conduct project tracking and capable of multitasking several complex and diverse responsibilities.
- Must have strong planning and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and make unanticipated changes to production deliverables.
- CEM or LEED certification is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with COMcheck, eQuest, Trane TRACE™, or Carrier HAP
- Familiarity with the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and ASHRAE Efficiency Standards
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines for a process-oriented position.
Yes, 10% of the time
More Opportunities View All