Energy Efficiency Engineer Peoria, IL
Leidos is a premier national engineering-based management consulting firm. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our team in Peoria, Illinois or Saint Louis, Missouri as an Energy Efficiency Engineer. The position is ideal for a person with excellent technical skills and energy engineering experience. The position will be responsible for:
- Reviewing technical energy efficiency (demand-side management) incentive applications for Ameren Illinois electric and natural gas business customers
- Calculating energy savings estimates and validating energy models
- Communicating technical issues within the project team while working closely with contractors, suppliers, architects, and project engineers.
- Maintaining proficiency in assigned areas of expertise and providing technical assistance and leadership to the program in those areas.
- Researching technology changes to support improvements to the program.
- Completing special assignments relating to technical and financial regulatory compliance, data collection and presentation, application design, or other tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or related) with 4 years relevant experience or Masters with 2 years relevant experience. High school diploma with an additional 4 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Basic knowledge of the operation of energy consuming systems within the commercial and/or industrial markets (HVAC, lighting, energy management systems, process steam, etc.).
- Must be able to work cooperatively and conscientiously on a team with both technical and non-technical members.
- Must have well-developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Must be well organized, able to conduct project tracking and capable of multitasking several complex and diverse responsibilities.
- Must have strong planning and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and make unanticipated changes to production deliverables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Detailed experience with of one or more types of efficiency targeted equipment (e.g. chillers, boilers, heat pumps, motors, lighting, compressed air, steam, process equipment, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with COM check, eQuest, Trane TRACE™, or Carrier HAP.
- Familiarity with the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and ASHRAE Efficiency Standards.
More Opportunities View All