Energy Efficiency Evaluation Intern
Opinion Dynamics is seeking a paid evaluation intern during the summer or fall of 2023 to support the company’s evaluation of energy efficiency programs in the Midwest. In this role, you will learn about the role of utilities in energy efficiency and the types of programs offered to help consumers save energy; hone your research skills and learn about the field of program evaluation; and help contribute to understanding the impact of energy efficiency on communities in Illinois.
- Work directly with members of Opinion Dynamics’ portfolio evaluation team, which includes engineers, social scientists, statisticians, public policy experts and data scientists
- Assist with the execution of evaluation studies by:
- Recruiting interview participants
- Gathering data through interviews and/or event observation
- Analyzing survey data and/or interview findings
- Conducting literature reviews and secondary research
- Analyzing program data utilizing Excel or other data analysis tools
- Help prepare memos, presentations, and reports as needed
- Completing other miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Open to students currently working toward an associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- An interest in the energy industry and energy efficiency
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Primary data collection experience, such as survey research, in-depth interviewing, leading focus groups, field data collection, etc.
- Quantitative research experience; experience with data analysis and data analysis tools such as R, SPSS, or STATA
- Qualitative research experience; experience with qualitative data analysis tools such as NVIVO
- Coursework or experience in social science research methods; experience with survey design, sampling, etc.
- Coursework or experience in the energy industry
- This internship will be remote and will involve regular coordination and remote meetings with Opinion Dynamics staff.
Pay rate: $30/hour
ABOUT OPINION DYNAMICS
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Opinion Dynamics is also committed to fostering a more diverse workforce. BIPOC, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for the position, please apply on our website at https://opiniondynamics.com/jobs/opiniondynamics/energy-efficiency-evaluation-intern/?gh_jid=4231621006
More Opportunities View All