Energy Efficiency Program Manager- Champaign, IL
To support growth, the Regional Planning Commission is seeking an advanced level candidate with a strong interest in energy efficiency. This position requires experience with utility energy efficiency programs and knowledge of energy efficient technologies associated with commercial and residential building systems. Knowledge of energy efficient technologies and practices related to lighting, solar, HVAC systems, commercial and residential building energy technologies or experience in the building trades is a plus. Prior experience or a strong interest in one or more of the following is a plus:
- Experience performing energy audits and energy savings calculations
- Lighting retrofit design, assessment, and installation
- HVAC System assessment, operations, and maintenance
- Interacting with business owners, landlords, homeowners, utilities, federal and state officials and other key stakeholders;
- Managing energy efficiency staff and developing substantive grant and contract proposals
Location: 1776 E. Washington Street (Brookens Building)
Schedule: 37.5 hour work week, schedule primarily 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. M-F, but requires flexibility to meet program needs.
Paygrade: Exempt/ 7
Starting Wage: $30.64
Competitive benefits, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement, high-quality programming, and great work environment!
- At least two years of experience managing staff and professional work experience in planning, developing, and researching work directly related to program design and administration, business outreach, or renewable energy. Bachelor’s degree preferred in Renewable Energy, Energy Conservation, Engineering, or Business.
- Strong technical and analytic skills to ensure proper equipment and material selection, implementation, and operational leadership and management ability to properly plan and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong time management skills to keep projects moving forward consistent with performance goals and budgetary constraints.
- Knowledge of energy analytics and management (e.g., building operations, building management systems, HVAC, etc.).
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to homes throughout service area on a daily basis.
- Proficient in English (spelling, punctuation, grammar).
- Ability to attend worksite regularly to perform job duties and responsibilities.
- Computer skills needed to complete case documentation, data entry and timesheets.
- Ability to obtain program specific certification(s) within twelve months.
- Ability to attend program meetings and/or training as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate client scheduling needs including periodic evenings and weekends.
More Opportunities View All