Energy Efficiency Technical Sales/Support Specialist in Peoria, IL
Leidos seeks an Energy Efficiency Technical Sales/Support Specialist for its’ implementer role on the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Business program. This position will both promote and support energy-efficiency projects within large businesses in the Ameren Illinois service territory. This Technical Sales/Support “in training” position offers a unique career and growth opportunity for a dynamic individual possessing excellent outreach, sales, communication and organizational skills to promote and encourage participation in a leading-edge energy efficiency incentive program within a creative team environment.
Location: This is a telecommuting position, however the selected candidate will need to live in the Ameren Illinois territory (i.e., St. Louis, MO, Peoria, IL, Springfield, IL). This position may require relocation to a specific territory within the Ameren Illinois area after a few months if an Energy Advisor position opens up, as this is an ‘Technical Sales/Support Specialist in training’ position.
- Broadly market Ameren Illinois’ Energy Efficiency programs and coordinate program services to large commercial/ industrial customers
- Manage special projects as assigned to achieve the program goals
- Assist Energy Advisors with tasks associated with achieving program goals
- Identify energy efficiency opportunities, calculate energy savings, and influence utility customers to save energy and utilize available incentives to improve their Return on Investment (ROI)
- Consistently maintain positive customer relationships, develop and deliver effective presentations
- Work closely with existing Energy Advisors to broadly implement and market energy efficiency, and generate energy savings for the program
- Ability to work on a range of projects from identifying energy efficiency projects, screening of applications, maintaining public sector relationships, executing programs, delivering presentations, participating in promotional events
- Perform sector market analysis and provide input in developing/modifying program strategies to meet changing market needs
- Work closely with building owners, commercial developers, contractors, suppliers, architects, and engineers to encourage energy efficiency practices in new/renovated and existing facilities, buildings and systems
- Develop relationships with customers and vendors to keep up-to-date on emerging energy efficiency technologies and practices in demand side management.
- Maintain productivity, accuracy, with meticulous attention to detail
- Perform energy efficiency assessments, including performing both pre/post installation inspections of projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Business/Science and 1+ year related experience. High school diploma with an additional 4+ years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Related experience is defined as maintenance, project management, energy programs, utility account representation, key account management, or in the energy efficiency industry.
- Energy Efficiency certifications are desired.
- Ability to relocate within the Ameren IL territory, if an Energy Advisor position opens
- Must be able to utilize initiative to develop relationships with customers, vendors and professional organizations to keep up to date and demonstrate knowledge of operational trends, energy efficiency technologies, practices, and regulations in electric and natural gas demand side management.
- Must be highly motivated, well organized, self-starting, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and work well in a team setting. Willingness to learn, grow and expand capabilities. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The candidate should have basic general knowledge of manufacturing operations, budget/justification cycles, large building energy systems, construction practices, and/or the energy efficiency industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communications are essential. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (spreadsheets), Salesforce database usage, and computers in general is required. It is critical that productivity and accuracy be demonstrated in performance of work.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to perform field verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures.
More Opportunities View All