Walker-Miller Energy Services is a 20-year-old Detroit-based, core-values driven company committed to changing lives through energy efficiency. We create and manage customized energy waste reduction programs that help electric and gas utilities meet mandated energy savings goals.
Our experience driven philosophy of energy efficiency as economic development helps families and businesses save energy and money. Through innovative, inclusive initiatives, we help build communities by creating local jobs, producing equitable energy savings, and spurring the growth of diverse local businesses.
Our operating philosophy is reflected in our core values. We refer to them as B-Hive.
B - Boldly Go
H - Humble Confidence
I - Inclusive Stewardship
V - Value Reputation
E - Extraordinary Experience
This position is responsible for providing technical support to the program team. In this role, you will provide measure-build support, be the Technical Reference Manual subject matter expert, and create dashboards and other metrics to capture and display our key performance indicators. This is an internal-facing supportive role. The candidate will interact with and provide the program management team with advice and recommendations on solutions that best suit their needs. The candidate will be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry. The role does not offer sponsorship employment benefits.
- Create dashboards and custom reports in salesforce
- Design program measure builds based upon The IL Technical Reference Manual
- Create program forecasts
- Design all program metrics
- Create tracking mechanism for inventory management
- Evaluate customer’s application, specification sheets and engineering calculations.
- Knowledge of technical elements of energy consuming equipment in a residential home (DIMs, HVAC, Building envelope measures, and hot water systems) and how they affect utility consumption and demand, to help build a business case to prioritize recommendations and how they affect savings and first cost.
- Enter data into the databases to determine energy savings and how those savings align with project goals.
- Ensure compliance with all program requirements per the scope of work
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technical Science(s), or similar four (4) year degree
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in the energy efficiency industry
- 2 years in energy or process related engineering
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to execute technical and financial analysis
Other Skill Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines
- Must be able to perform energy analysis and simulations
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
More Opportunities View All