Facility Maintenance Electrician III- Decatur IL
Amentum, is seeking a 2nd shift Industrial Electrician III in Decatur, IL! Typical work hours are 2:00p.m. - 10:30p.m.; hours may vary based on business demand.
The Industrial Electrician III is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventative maintenance on facility electrical equipment in an industrial large commercial environment. This position requires ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment up to 480 volt 3 phase and facility systems such as PLC's, HVAC, Chillers, RTU, doors, lighting, VFDs, motors, circuits and low voltage controls,
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Utilizes strong electrical and mechanical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on industrial electrical control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment, such as area personal fans, thermostats for gas and electric heaters, reset of buss bars and disconnects, etc
- Troubleshooting of electrical components such as, but not limited to PLC’s, AC & DC drives, relay logic, single loop controllers, pneumatics & hydraulics
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Electrical system components - MCC’s, inverters, motors, etc.
- Differentiate between cause types when troubleshooting among product, process, mechanical, and electrical contributors
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics/prints, updating electrical prints/schematics assigned for modification
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Math skills to include: Arithmetic, Application of formulas such as current, voltage, etc., Conversion of measurement units
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience as a Maintenance Electrician in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules
- Associate’s degree in industrial electrical or a related field.
- Experience working safely with 480V 3 phase circuits.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing industrial lighting systems.
- Experience making repairs on rubber production or similar equipment.
- Experience installing conduit.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electric motors and motor controls.
- Experience troubleshooting PLC logic.
- Experience troubleshooting VFD’s.
- Experience working with a PC-based work order opening, closing and time reporting system.
More Opportunities View All