Facility Maintenance Mechanic- Springfield, IL
- The Maintenance Worker performs a variety of building and equipment maintenance functions
including plumbing, carpentry, minor electrical work, painting, mechanical repairs, servicing equipment and assigns maintenance work orders on a daily basis. Designs, installs and maintains electrical power and control installations.
- The Maintenance Worker ensures the ability of all facility personnel to provide high quality service to our customers by attending to all building and equipment maintenance and upkeep needs quickly, efficiently, and professionally. As customers are on site at the facilities, professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
- Performs maintenance of facility buildings and equipment as assigned by supervisor. Builds or
repairs partitions, roofs, or wooden items and equipment such as shelves, boxes and platforms.
- Repairs and services machinery, shop equipment, air compressors, and power tools by oiling
lubricating, adjusting, and replacing defective components.
- Performs some welding in repair of equipment such as metal stands and braces, using an arc welder and cutting torch
- Paint walls, ceilings and floors in shop and office areas using brush and pre-mixed paints. May
occasionally custom mix or match paints.
- Ability to work at different heights (i.e. roof repair, man lifts, HVAC maintenance)
- Services heating and air conditioning equipment, and removes parts to be sent out for repair.
- Routes and connects electrical power lines for new equipment installation or power locations, using building and equipment wiring diagrams.
- Checks and maintains building lights and fire extinguishers.
- Moves and relocates office furniture and equipment as directed, using hand dollies.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, including arc welder, power brake, grinder, sander, drill press, shears, forklift, and saws.
- Installs, replaces and repairs lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels.
- Splices, joins and connects wire to fixtures and components to form circuits.
- Tests continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair.
- Troubleshoots and isolates faults in electrical and electronic systems and removes and replaces faulty components. Inspects existing electrical systems and components on a preventative and as-needed basis to ensure conformance with applicable codes.
- Works with the primary distribution systems for both repair and maintenance, and in support of power company outages.
- Provides emergency response service for facility.
- Estimates labor and material requirements. Orders and maintains equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Responsible for grounds maintenance (i.e. week control, mowing, and snow removal)
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Willing to make off site trips to local vendors
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of building and construction trades including carpentry, plumbing, electrical and painting skills. Knowledgeable in the use of construction and mechanical tools and equipment.
- Well-developed mechanical skills and troubleshooting ability in order to respond to a variety
of repair situations.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to communicate successfully with employees at all levels, vendors, and customers.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, bend, push, pull, crouch, crawl and/or climb for prolonged periods.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- HVAC license preferred.
- Electrical contractor license
More Opportunities View All