Field Energy Representative Champaign-Urbana
Walker-Miller Energy Services is a 22-year-old Detroit-based, core-values driven company committed to changing lives through energy efficiency. We create and manage customized energy waste reduction programs that help electric and gas utilities meet mandated energy savings goals.
Our experience driven philosophy of energy efficiency as economic development helps families and businesses save energy and save money. Through innovative, inclusive initiatives, we help build communities by creating local jobs, producing equitable energy savings for all rate payers, and spurring the growth of diverse local businesses.
Our operating philosophy is reflected in our core values. We refer to them as B-Hive.
B - Boldly Go
H - Humble Confidence
I - Inclusive Stewardship
V - Value Reputation
E - Extraordinary Experience
Field Energy Specialists
You visit retailers, dealers, and other industry partners in your assigned territory to help promote the sale of energy efficient products on behalf of our clients. You perform the following tasks (not all-inclusive):
- Establish and maintain relationships with retailers, dealers, and manufacturers related to client programs and initiatives
- Identify promotional opportunities
- Conduct inspections on special promotions to ensure compliance with agreements between partners and our clients
- Distribute and place Point of Purchase materials, rebates, and coupons in store in accordance with promotion terms; work with retailers and management to resolve issues with placement in stores
- Staff special events and educate consumers about the Programs and energy efficient products; this may include occasional evening and weekend events
- Perform annual and ad hoc product shelf/floor surveys
- Maintain knowledge on energy efficient products and programs; provide training to retail staff to help them upsell these products to their customers
- Collect and enter all required data relating to activities in the retailer/promotion database, or other applicable data collection tools
- Participate in team meetings and share information and best practices with Program Management and Team Members
- Track and record program expenses and submit weekly expense reports for reimbursement
- Must live within the assigned service territory
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and a reliable vehicle to travel within assigned territory
- Proficient with computers/mobile technology
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- In order for us to fulfill our mission to ensure the safety of our team, customers and clients, as well as provide an extraordinary experience every day, we require all new hires team members to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. There are limited exceptions for those with specific religious or medical reasons.
- If not currently vaccinated, you must be willing to get vaccinated as a condition of employment, requiring you to get the first shot upon offer acceptance and the second shot on schedule as per CDC recommendation.
- Knowledge of consumer products particularly lighting, appliances, and consumer electronics
- Retail sales, management, or marketing experience
- Good organizational, planning and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong customer service, sales or marketing skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with various ethnic /demographic groups
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Creative thinking.
More Opportunities View All
- Business Program Manager Peoria, IL
- Data Operations Coordinator O’Fallon, IL
- Customer Care Specialist-Springfield, Decatur, Collinsville Champaign, IL
- Underground Specialist- Champaign, IL
- Experienced Installation Technician Champaign, IL
- Marketing Development Initiative Marketing Coordinator Alton, IL