High Performance Computing (HPC) Software Engineer Champaign, IL
The HPC Software Engineer will be part of a team that develops and supports Hierarchical Data Format (HDF) technologies. This position focuses on the development of HPC data service libraries. High-performance storage and networking will be the primary focus of this position. The applicant for this position should have interest in API design and implementation, performance optimization, problem solving, and must be comfortable working with other team members. Location for this position is The HDF Group’s office in Champaign, IL.
- Design/implement new features (incl. supporting tests).
- Write technical documentation.
- Experiment with new technologies relevant to the area of development; recommend improvements to techniques, procedures or other aspects of technical development.
- Provide input for preventing future problems as well as incorporating solutions to current concerns.
- Publish work and attend technical conferences as requested.
- Experience with production software development and maintenance, including Git/GitHub workflows and continuous integration systems.
- Knowledge/experience with distributed file systems (e.g., Ceph, Lustre, GPFS).
- Experience with InfiniBand verbs, OFI libfabric or UCX.
- Experience with MPI.
- Experience with software performance evaluation and enhancement.
- Experience with HDF5 and parallel I/O.
- Experience with using CMake as a build system.
- ensure full consideration, please submit a resume, cover letter, and references to JOBS2020@hdfgroup.org.
More Opportunities View All