HVAC Account Exec-Peoria, IL
Under general direction is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls BE offerings to mechanical contractors, designers and consulting engineers. Promote the Johnson Controls value proposition to construction community by providing business and technical solutions. Builds and handles long term customer relationships/partnerships with assigned accounts. Responsible for customer happiness and dedication while working in conjunction with operations partners. Positions renewable service agreements as a foundation of led account relationships.
How you will do it
- Performs the sales process to aid in encouraging and leading long-term relationships and in seeking out, qualifying and closing new sales opportunities. Uses sales tools to plan and document sales progress as well as increase business opportunities across all BE-LOBs in assigned accounts. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings sold within assigned accounts. Actively participates as a member on select account teams on key and target customer accounts using account management practices and concepts. May be responsible for the account team (market customer leader) on assigned target and key accounts where significant growth opportunities exist and more robust expertise is required from others to solidify the opportunity. Seeks to continually develop sales skills and to improve knowledge of the JCI product and service offerings.
- Sells, with minimal direction, the Johnson Controls offerings persuasively, persistently and authoritatively to all members of the construction community to include contractors, consultants and designers while reaching efficient profit levels. Focuses on all opportunities to allow the contractor to achieve business objectives. Leads multiple, ongoing, opportunities. Identifies post sales opportunities to team with owner sales to Sell, renew and expands renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing assigned customers.
- Builds partnering relationships with the owner construction community responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Johnson Control offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business cycle customer base. Demonstrates technical and business expertise and maintains a high level of credibility. Garners dedication, trust and commitment from the customer.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers in alignment with JCI strategy. Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts. Understands and uses the sales process outcomes as well as demonstrates evidence of advancing the sell. Shares technical knowledge plus business expertise with the customer to match the solution to the customer's operational need and favorably position Johnson Controls. Qualifies and assesses potential customers.
- Addresses customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. Differentiates Johnson Controls services and products from competitors by applying creativity, resourcefulness, and innovation in a valuable sales approach.
- Positively and credibly influences BE strategies with the construction community. Frequently builds competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Optimally writes, presents proposals. Negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale. Differentiates Johnson Controls as a total building environment supplier.
- Uses applicable sales tools efficiently to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Leverages Johnson Controls sales process to close sales quickly. Owns the high activity of the pipeline in the handled system with a focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of a close as well as other pertinent information.
- Acts as the customer's advocate in interactions with Johnson Controls to ensure the customer obtains the best value from Johnson Controls offerings. Sets appropriate customer expectations on Johnson Controls offerings. Participates in final project inspection. Ensures that the customer is trained and oriented to system operation and the value of services delivered.
- Actively establishes a "mentor" relationship with a Sr Account Executive within the branch to assist with their development as a professional BE sales person, with the goal of enhancing their productivity.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related team required.
- At least 1-3 years successfully selling HVAC or building automation system industry.
- Demonstrates a dedication to integrity and quality in business.
- Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills.
- Proven track record to influence the market at key levels.
More Opportunities View All