HVAC, Electrical, Electronic Service Tech-Peoria, IL
The Electrical Technician is responsible for mounting, connecting, assembling, and securing parts and components of low voltage electronic equipment. Performs complex wiring and assembly with ability to problem solve and recommend solutions to management and engineering team to clarify assembly problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads and interprets data from electrical schematics and mechanical diagrams
- Wire from schematics and build industrial control enclosures
- Perform layout and the modification of metal, and plastic, enclosures/panels
- Layout/mount electrical panel components including: circuit breakers, transformers, relays, contactors, terminals, input/output devices and/or all related industrial control devices
- Build and troubleshoot electrical systems including, but not limited to control panels, control stations, and junction boxes
- Build Wiring Harnesses
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and aid with determination of short-term & long-term solutions
- Operate safety sensitive machinery in the performance of duties and responsibilities. Machinery includes but is not limited to fork lift truck, scissor lift, tugger truck, and driving of auto/trailer
- Must be able to read and understand prints on a high level, and understand the intent of the design
- Recommend to engineering / operations of improvements to designs as necessary
- Inform Department Manager of any trends seen within the manufacturing process that to not comply with designs
- Provide service support to Jtec employees during field visits or dispatches
- Completes other jobs or duties as directed by the Department Manager
- Education and Experience
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Associate's Degree or equivalent training in Electrical, Control Systems Technology, or related field is strongly preferred
- At least 2+ years' electrical experience required, 3+ years preferred with control panel wiring on industrial control systems and components (relays, PLC's, contactors, power supplies, etc)
- Low Voltage DS experience is required
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record and ability to be insured through company insurance require
- CAD Schematic experience (a plus), but not required
- Windows PC proficiency
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic and geometry, and their applications.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Other Attributes
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
More Opportunities View All