HVAC Mechanic- Urbana, IL
The HVAC Mechanic performs diagnostic tests, maintenance and repairs, replacements and installations of air conditioners, refrigeration equipment, heating, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment. Maintains the building automation system by continual updates on the database. Maintains major life safety equipment, including medical air compressors, purification equipment, medical vacuum pumps of various design, and medical gas transmission piping.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Verifiable vocational training of 2 to 3 years in a HVAC service position, or verifiable completion of apprenticeship program.
- ARI EPA-approved universal type refrigeration license.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings, knowledge of refrigeration principles, hydraulic, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, pressure vessels, etc.
Must fully understand installation and repair of refrigeration equipment, medical air, and pneumatic controlled compressors, vacuum pumps, thermostats, environmental controls, air handling equipment, and DDC controlled building automation systems.
Knowledgeable with operations of single pass AHU systems, VAV and CV AHU systems.
Knowledge of the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Analytical ability necessary to determine cause of and find solutions to refrigeration equipment malfunctions, pneumatic control system malfunctions, air handler mechanical, electrical and DDC system automation malfunctions.
Ability to understand verbal and written instructions and to give readily understood information in both verbal and written forms.
Ability to read and write is essential
More Opportunities View All