HVAC/R Technician-Decatur, IL
Amentum is seeking a mid-level industrial HVAC/R Technician 3 to join our 2nd shift facility operations & maintenance team in Decatur, IL
- Typical work schedule is Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat. 2P to 10:30P, hours may vary based on business demand.
- Additional hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation.
The HVAC/R Technician 3 is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on HVAC-related equipment in an industrial environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, performing preventative and corrective maintenance to a wide variety of facility related equipment. Diagnose and troubleshoot ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, rooftop AHUs, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, etc. in an industrial environment. Provide instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
Requires the ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V. Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical circuits ranging from 24VAC/DC and up including lighting and load centers. Strong mechanical/electrical skills are required.
The HVAC/R Technician 3 also responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on hot and cold calls while utilizing Automated Building Controls training. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, chillers, dryers, compressors, and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on HVAC control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
Within Amentum, our group provides facilities and production maintenance services for our clients industrial, manufacturing, distribution, pharmaceutical, and commercial sites worldwide.
- We run our own crews of Production Maintenance Techs, CNC Service Techs, Automation Techs, Industrial Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial HVAC Techs, Logistics / Crib Management, Planner/ Schedulers, Supervisors and safety professionals inside our customers facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent. Three years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Drivers License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our clients location.
- This position will require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
More Opportunities View All