HVAC/R Technician II Peoria, IL
Amentum is seeking a 2nd shift HVAC/R Technician II for our industrial facility maintenance team in East Peoria, IL! Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday 2:30pm to 11:00 pm; hours may vary based on business demand. This position requires the technician selected for this role to have an EPA Universal Certification, if not at time of hire, within 6 months of hire date.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to assisting the more senior HVAC/R Technicians in responding to work orders, providing service and feedback to the customer on all hot and cold calls, and performing Preventive Maintenance on various types of equipment as scheduled. Training will be offered on the utilization of the Automated Building Controls. Strong mechanical / electrical aptitude is required, as is the ability to work safely around 3-phase power up to and including 480V.
Working under minimal supervision as a member of a self-directed work team, this is a multi-craft position that will perform machine repairs and general non-licensed maintenance work, as well as support other licensed trades as directed. Requires good working knowledge of all types and applications of equipment pertaining to maintenance and operations for assigned area, and the ability to work within machine tolerances. General maintenance, including minor duties in carpentry, painting, and sheet metal, may also be required.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Maintains, operates and troubleshoots HVAC systems and equipment such as heat exchangers, chillers, and air handling units.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, rooftop AHUs, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, etc. in an industrial environment.
- Performs Corrective Maintenance commercial and industrial refrigeration equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs blowers and fans.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Performs basic plumbing repairs.
- Performs work based on dispatched service or daily/weekly work schedules.
- Performs preventive maintenance on as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Two years of experience as an HVAC/R maintenance technician or demonstrated equivalent combination education and experience.
More Opportunities View All