HVAC/R Technician III
Amentum is seeking a mid-level industrial HVAC/R Technician to join our 1st shift facility operations & maintenance team in Peoria, IL!
- Typical work schedule is 6:30a.m.-3p.m.; hours may vary based on business demand.
- Weekend hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation.
The HVAC/R Technician is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on HVAC-related equipment in an industrial environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, performing preventative and corrective maintenance to a wide variety of facility related equipment. Diagnose and troubleshoot ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, boilers, chillers, rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, etc. in an industrial / large commercial office environment. Provide instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
Requires the ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V. Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical circuits ranging from 24VAC/DC and up including lighting and load centers. Strong mechanical/electrical skills are required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, pumps, boilers, fans, chillers, dryers, compressors, and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on HVAC control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
1. Associates degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC, or related Facility Maintenance discipline.
2. Experience with building mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics and repairs.
3. Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility related equipment.
4. Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
5. Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
6. Experience working in a CMMS environment.
More Opportunities View All