HVAC/R Technician III (2nd shift)- Decatur, IL
Amentum is seeking a mid-level industrial HVAC/R Technician III to join our 2nd shift Facility Operations & Maintenance team in Decatur, IL!
- Typical work schedule is 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m., hours may vary based on business demand.
- Weekend hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation.
The HVAC/R Technician III is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on HVAC-related equipment in an industrial environment. In this position you will be responsible for responding to and providing service and feedback to the customer on hot and cold calls while utilizing Automated Building Controls training. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Performing preventative and corrective maintenance to a wide variety of facility related equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, etc. in an industrial environment.
- The ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical circuits ranging from 24VAC/DC and up including lighting and load centers.
- Safely performs functions of the position including, following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures as well as wearing PPE as required.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair heating and ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, chillers, dryers, compressors, and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on HVAC control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Strong mechanical/electrical skills are required.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require overtime, various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules
- Associates degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC, or related Facility Maintenance discipline.
- Experience with building mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics and repairs.
- Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility related equipment.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.
More Opportunities View All