HVAC/R Technician Peoria, IL
Amentum is seeking a mid-level industrial HVAC/R Technician 3 to join our 1st shift facility operations & maintenance team in Peoria.
- Typical work schedule is 8:30a.m.-5p.m; hours may vary based on business demand.
- Weekend hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation.
The HVAC/R Technician is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on HVAC-related equipment in an industrial environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, performing preventative and corrective maintenance to a wide variety of facility related equipment. Diagnose and troubleshoot ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, boilers, chillers, rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, etc. in an industrial / large commercial office environment. Provide instruction and assistance to other technicians as needed.
Requires the ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V. Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical circuits ranging from 24VAC/DC and up including lighting and load centers. Strong mechanical/electrical skills are required.
The HVAC/R Technician 3 also responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on hot and cold calls while utilizing Automated Building Controls training. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- EPA Universal certification
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Associates degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC, or related Facility Maintenance discipline.
- Must obtain Universal Refrigerant license.
- Experience with building mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics and repairs.
- Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility related equipment.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
Experience working in a CMMS environment
Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
More Opportunities View All