HVAC Service Technician- Decatur, IL
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs heating and ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, chillers, dryers, compressors, and other mechanical equipment as necessary.
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on HVAC control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent. Three years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver's License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
- This position will require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
More Opportunities View All