HVAC Technician- Champaign IL
This role is the primary service and maintenance contact for Trane Technologies customers in a defined market with a diverse commercial base including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, Education Institutions, and Office Complexes. You will be commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up HVAC systems in a commercial environment. In order to perform your task you will utilize your knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. This position affords you the opportunity to work with internal and external partners ranging from new facility set ups to existing facility retro fits. Trane affords you the opportunity to work directly for a leading manufacture giving you access to technical support, training on newest technology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity for growth
- Coordinates with team leader/project manager and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent required, and typically 5 plus years of experience in HVAC. Technical School or formal training is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years.
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
More Opportunities View All