HVAC Technician Decatur, IL
The HVAC Technician is responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, humidifiers, capacity controls, semi-hermetic compressors, split systems, flame safeguard controls, air compressors, air driers, and packaged units throughout the district. Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, Plan, and Perform Preventive Maintenance of HVAC System.
- Plan shutdowns for maintenance and repair pumps including chill water, heating water and condensation pumps.
- Perform brazing, soldering, pipefitting, welding, and fabrication.
- Read complex blueprints, piping, sketches, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Inspect, monitor, repair, maintain, and operate mechanical systems, motors, compressors, pumps, fans, ducts, pipes, thermostats, and switches.
- Install, maintain, and repair heating, ventilating, air conditioning, glycol, heating, hot water, and steam distribution equipment and systems to optimize performance and energy use.
- Troubleshoot, repair and make modifications to HVAC System.
- Adhere to all city, state, and federal regulatory statues.
- Maintain maintenance records as required by City, State, and EPA regulations.
- Order and maintain parts needed to repair and maintain HVAC Equipment.
- Manage relationship with all major vendor accounts.
- Properly maintain and safeguard district assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for this Position:
Education – no minimum education requirements.
Experience – 3-5 years of Industrial experience to include working on chillers
More Opportunities View All