HVAC Technician- Normal , IL
We seek applicants for a full-time position within the College's Facilities division to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and other mechanical equipment in accordance with applicable codes.
Anticipated work schedule is Tuesday - Saturday.
- Three years of a formal or informal apprenticeship program in HVAC or related field, or recognized certificate from a vocational trade school or equivalent
- Section 608 Technician certification
- Working knowledge of all phases of air conditioning equipment including fan and pump performance, air balance, zone controls (electric, electronic, and pneumatic), hydronics, air compressors, cooling tower, water treatment, boilers and chillers
- Demonstrated ability to use mathematical formulas such as basic algebra and geometry
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical theory and electrical control wiring (temperature controls, solenoids, compressors, and exhaust fans)
- Demonstrated ability to write and read correspondence, blueprints, and schematics and communicate with others
- Skilled in the use of small hand tools, power tools, and measuring equipment
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work from heights
More Opportunities View All