HVAC Technician – Physical Plant Bloomington, IL
This full-time position performs duties related to the repair, maintenance, operation, adjustment and installation of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, and related electronic/pneumatic controls
Installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of:
- Refrigeration and air conditioning include ice machines, refrigeration units, chillers, DX systems, cooling towers, pumps and testing, interpretation, analysis and corrective actions of weather treatment chemistry.
- Heating system includes boilers (steam and hot water), furnaces, steam systems, steam traps, and storage tanks.
- Air handling and ventilation includes air handling units, lab fume hoods, exhaust systems and fans, make-up air units, heat recovery units and air compressor systems.
- Natatorium pool duties includes pool equipment, filtration system, pumping, valves and interpretation, analysis and corrective actions of water treatment chemistry.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of building HVAC pneumatic and computerized digital equipment control systems.
- Daily spot-checks of equipment across campus; scheduling and supervising periodic cleaning.
- Assist other trades as needed.
Requirements and Knowledge:
- A high school diploma.
- Associate’s Degree, vocational, or technical school in HVAC Training preferred; and three years related work experience. Military service with appropriate specialization may substitute for education.
- EPA Refrigeration Reclamation Certificate
- IL State driver’s license
- Awareness of and adherence to safety protocols are of paramount importance.
- Physically able to climb stairs and ladders, often with equipment. Ability to lift 75-100 lbs.
- Ability to perform duties within environment of heat plant, exposure to extreme heat and active steam lines. Must work in confined spaces.
This position requires an on-call rotation among crew members
More Opportunities View All