HVAC Technology Instructor, Part Time Ad- East Peoria IL
llinois Central College is looking for Adjunct Faculty to teach Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC) Technology Courses in the Fall of 2021. Day and Evening course schedules are available. If courses are available, adjuncts may continue to teach for future semesters.
Adjunct Faculty are primarily responsible for instructing assigned courses meeting classroom standards. The Adjunct Faculty must follow institutional syllabi. Additionally, Adjunct Faculty will be required to maintain office hours to best ensure student success. Adjunct Faculty teach on a part time basis up to 12 contact hours per semester.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Instruct and coordinate courses including lecture and/or lab based classes ensuring all necessary materials and tools are readily available and that safety standards are met, when appropriate.
- Follow syllabi for assigned courses communicating the expectations and schedule for the classwork.
- Maintain office hours and availability.
- Communicate with students working to ensure student success.
- Collaborate with Faculty and Staff to continuously improve and adapt the student experience to meet the needs of the student, community and institution.
- Perform related duties as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning/Refrigeration Technology, Building Science Trade Technology, Energy Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Engineering Technology; OR Vocational Education & minimum of 10,000 work hours as a heating, ventilation, air conditioning technician; OR Associate's Degree in Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning/Refrigeration Technology with 10,000 work hours as a HVAC technician; OR Completion of an apprenticeship program in the Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning Technology/Refrigeration Trades with Journeyman status for 5 years or more & a minimum of 10,000 work hours as a heating, ventilation, air conditioning technician; OR10 years of work experience as an HVAC technician.
- Experience instructing, tutoring, or similarly teaching in HVAC.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
More Opportunities View All