Industrial Electrician IV- East Peoria IL
Amentum is seeking a 3rd shift Industrial Electrician IV for our facility operations & maintenance team in Peoria, IL
- Typical work schedule is 10:30 to 7:00; hours may vary based on business demand.
This position is responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, servicing, and documenting the electrical and controls needs of equipment and systems related to HVAC units for CNC production equipment, conveyors, motors, lighting systems, control circuits, VFDs, PLCs, conveyors, cranes, and hoists.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment and control circuits from 24v up to and including 480V AC, electro-mechanical test devices, instrumentation devices, PLCs / ladder logic controllers, and variable frequency drives as necessary.
- Calibrates instrumentation equipment and controls for optimum performance.
- Procures parts from crib systems, OEM, or authorized vendors.
- Identifies and documents cost savings.
- Assures work conforms to NEC guidelines.
- Utilizes the building automation system to track building conditions and the operation of facilities equipment.
- Utilizes strong electrical and mechanical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Five years of experience performing electrical maintenance in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Associates degree in industrial technology or certificate from an industrial electrical course
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing 480V 3 phase.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical issues on cranes and hoists
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing VFD’s, Allen Bradley PLC’s, Allen Bradley RS Logix Software.
- Experience installing rigid conduit and EMT up to 3 inches
- Working knowledge of NEC, sizing wire and transformers, calculating conduit fill.
- Experience troubleshooting and replacing 3 phase motors up 60hp.
- Experience with a CMMS or Maintenance Management System (i.e. Maximo, MP2, etc.)
- NFPA-70E training preferred
More Opportunities View All