Industrial HVAC/R Technician
Amentum is seeking an industrial maintenance HVAC Technician to join our 1st shift team of multi-skilled technicians E. Peoria, IL!
In this position you are responsible for assisting higher level technicians in responding to work orders and providing service and feedback to the customer on all work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the facility HVAC equipment, fixtures and systems.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing a variety of preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance
- Working safely around 3-phase power up to and including 480V
- Maintains, operates and troubleshoots HVAC systems and equipment such as heat exchangers, chillers, and air handling units.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, rooftop AHUs, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, etc.
- Performs Corrective Maintenance commercial and industrial refrigeration equipment
- Troubleshoots and repairs blowers and fans
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues
- Performs basic plumbing repairs
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent
- Ability to work in the U.S. without work authorization
- Three years of experience as an HVAC/R maintenance technician, or demonstrated equivalent combination education and experience
- EPA Universal certification
- Working knowledge of 480V 3 phase power systems
- Ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Associate’s degree or trade school certification in HVAC
- Basic knowledge of chiller operations (centrifugal)
- Basic knowledge of Raised Floor AC systems
- Basic knowledge of Café/Restaurant style equipment
- Basic knowledge of BAS systems
- Basic knowledge of Air Handling Units, Cooling Towers, Heat Exchangers and associated equipment
More Opportunities View All