IQ Energy Advisor Collinsville, IL
Walker-Miller Energy Services is an 21-year-old Detroit-based, core-values driven company committed to changing lives through energy efficiency. We create and manage customized energy waste reduction programs that help electric and gas utilities meet mandated energy savings goals.
Our experience driven philosophy of energy efficiency as economic development helps families and businesses save energy and save money. Through innovative, inclusive initiatives, we help build communities by creating local jobs, producing equitable energy savings for all rate payers, and spurring the growth of diverse local businesses.
Our operating philosophy is reflected in our core values. We refer to them as B-Hive.
B - Boldly Go
H - Humble Confidence
I - Inclusive Stewardship
V - Value Reputation
E - Extraordinary Experience
This position is responsible for traveling to pre-scheduled appointments to install energy efficient equipment and products. Services are targeted to the residential and small commercial markets including building owners, management companies, small business owners, and trade allies / contractors. Introduce the various incentive programs that pertain to the customer segments, if necessary. This position will also be responsible for introducing and explaining the incentive programs that pertain to these customers sectors.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- One to three years of experience preferably in basic wiring, lighting, construction, HVAC, troubleshooting and/or other technologies installed in commercial/residential applications.
- One to two years of previous customer service/sales experience required.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude required
- Experience in installing technologies, manual labor and using tools – Preferred
- Background preferred in one or more of the following: - Preferred
- Building science and design
- Building envelope
- Weatherization or related fields
- Building maintenance
- Home inspection
- HVAC, lighting, controls, or renewable energy
Strong customer service and communication skills
Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient in using virtual platforms such as Google, Duo, FaceTime, and Zillow
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients, and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel approximately 95% of the time, including occasional overnight travel
More Opportunities View All