IT Helpdesk Technician II
Company Overview:We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The IT Help Desk Support Technician II is the 2nd tier support for Walker-Millers IT department. Under general direction, performs a variety of computer systems administration and support tasks, including analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting of PC/Laptop hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, and communication devices for the entire organization. Performs a variety of project tasks and requires good communications skills with the ability to work with users diplomatically and skillfully. May interact with engineers (e.g., Network, System, etc.) and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties and recommends systems modifications to reduce user incidents. Performs more complex operations and support activities such as maintaining and updating knowledge base articles and performing patching, upgrades and software installs with elevated profile rights. This position requires excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude, and the ability to work in a team environment. In addition, the technicians should have a strong technical understanding of technology, including the various hardware, software and networking systems being supported.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking initial telephone or email inquiries and troubleshooting and managing relatively simple hardware, software, or network problems
- Recognizing and escalating more difficult problems to Tier-3 support.
- Logging call activity
- Resolving more complex issues requiring detailed systems and applications knowledge; these issues have been escalated from Tier-1
- Deciding whether to generate a trouble or work order ticket for issues that will require a visit to the user’s PC or workstation when required.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant Associates degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent education or work experience
- 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Knowledge of various operating systems such as Windows 10
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e., Android, iOS, Windows)
- Proven desktop/laptop troubleshooting experience in a corporate environment.
- Hands on experience
- Knowledge of patching, Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware
- Experience in SCCM and WSUS (Preferred)
- Knowledge of workstation hardware
- Great at organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking.
- A+ or workstation training or Certifications
- AA degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, related field, or equal experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong IT skills and knowledge including hardware, software, and networks.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to resolve issues.
- General knowledge of issues in IT networks LAN/WAN.
- Knowledge of PC and Laptop operating systems and peripherals
License and Certifications:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls.
- Ability to lift to 10 pounds.
- Noise level is typically moderate.
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
Walker-Miller Energy Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More Opportunities View All