IT Software Developer Remote, IL
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Leidos, the implementer for Ameren Illinois' award-winning energy efficiency programs, seeks an IT Software Developer. This position will develop, deploy, and support the Salesforce CRM in a mission-critical and highly integrated customer environment. This includes support for a wide variety of user constituents including field staff, marketing, finance, engineering and customer support, plus back-end business systems. This role will participate in analyzing and translating requirements into development tasks, and executing development efforts, often with aggressive deadlines. The role follows Salesforce and industry best practices for the software development lifecycle, and provides operational support, working closely with team and developers from related systems to implement changes as they are identified and prioritized.
In addition, this position will play a critical role in data security efforts in relation to all development efforts. This role will report directly to the Sr. Data Security & IT Systems manager.
Location: This position can be located remotely as a home office position with occasional travel to client office in Peoria, IL and Collinsville, IL.
- Assist in coding, configuration, maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging of developed custom applications.
- Assist in management of Salesforce CRM system and user security in relation to new development, design and best practice implementation
- Develop high-quality, reusable, and maintainable code
- Assist in determining and managing work estimates, timelines, and technical documentation deliverables
- Provide operational support for ongoing user issues and requests.
- Actively participate in regular team and client meetings to ensure program needs are being met for development and data security
- Capable of multitasking, managing resources, and schedules and working several diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines.
- Be self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work task independently with good time management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related. High school diploma with an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of relevant business and programming experience.
- Hands-on configuration and development experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of IT system configuration and architecture.
- Demonstrated skills in translating customer requirements into technical specifications and development outputs.
- Experience with administration of and development in Salesforce.
- Ability to interface with cross-functional team members in defining and managing solutions for new development and existing process improvements.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have well developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
- Ability to make unanticipated changes to production deliverables with short notice as required
- Must be able to work with a large set of system users to translate their processes and business requirements into technical reports requirements and design for the systems.
- Must be able to facilitate discussions with several system users to help those users arrive at a common understanding of their needs.
- Must be proactive in learning about the ever changing software best practices to ensure that program software retains a high level of security and is able to provide increased functionality to remain competitive.
- Must have a strong understanding of data security including PII and be able to develop and integrate solutions with this mandatory requirement.
- Must have some actual experience in programming custom applications
Yes, 10% of the time
More Opportunities View All