Lead Maintenance Tech Virden, IL
- Maintains expert knowledge of, and advanced working proficiency in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to perform complex repair maintenance functions, both on-site and on the road:o Chassis component repair and maintenance; Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical systems
o Air and hydraulic braking systems;
o Engine repair and maintenance;o Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems; and
o Heating and air conditioning systems.
o Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
o Provides direction to technicians assigned to his or her work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner. May plan and schedule repair work to minimize lost productivity.
o Inspects repairs done by a third party vendor to ensure all work has been properly completed in accordance with the Company's safety procedures and federal and state regulations; follows up when necessary.
o Performs repair diagnostics on more complex matters.
o Identifies the source of malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
o Completes applicable Company training programs.
o Handles Maintenance Supervisor responsibilities, as needed.
o Acts as a mentor to technicians.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Ability to perform inspections and repairs without supervision in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or automotive systems:o Suspensions, Steering, General Engine, Transmissions, Brakes, Electrical, Hydraulics, Drive Train, Diesel Emissions.
- At least 3 years of experience in a role requiring compliance with OSHA Haz Com, OSHA Lock Out Tag Out, and all OSHA fire protection regulations is a plus but not required.
- At least 1 year of supervisory or lead technician experience is a plus but not required.
- ASE Heavy Truck Certifications (T1-T8) is a plus but not required.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver's License is a plus but not required
- Valid Driver's License.
- At least 3 years of experience as a technician working on heavy-duty trucks.
More Opportunities View All