Lineman I- Bloomington IL
MetroNet has an immediate opening for an energetic; Lineman I!
We’re looking for tech-savvy, innovative thinkers to join our team and help us create what’s next!
The Lineman I position will install, maintain and repair services for our customers. The position requires attention to detail in regards to setting up heavy duty power equipment and hand tools in the construction and repair of outside plant facilities, conduit and pole lines. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned. This position requires field work which may include overtime, weekends, holidays, and off hours. Travel will be required depending on the needs of the business.
What you will be doing:
- Understands the standards, materials, techniques and equipment used in the installation, maintenance and repair of fiber optic OSP/ISP
- Have the ability to read and understand prints, and specification sheets
- Learn to follow design engineers instructions and specifications, maintain the scope of work on project
- Have the ability, once trained, to climb poles and ladders safely
- Have the ability, once trained, to operate heavy duty power equipment and hand tools
- Document changes made to OSP facilities and submit documentation to engineering
- Accurately complete daily production forms, project activity reports and all other documentation pertaining to work assignments
- Operating aerial lift equipment using proper safety equipment once trained.
- Preform various types of construction operations which all require heavy physical labor and lifting.
- Preform housekeeping duties for assigned vehicles and tools.
- Follows OSHA, NESC, and Metronet safety regulations and precautions when completing assigned work
More Opportunities View All