Route Assistant/Loader-Decatur, IL
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Appliance Load Assistant will work cooperative with the Route Driver to execute the daily Appliance Pickup Process, including, following a predetermined route to collect appliance, serve as a principle point of contact with the customer, document pickups, while ensuring high quality customer satisfaction is delivered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primarily works as part of a two-man crew to safely remove appliances from customer homes. Provide navigation assistance to Route Driver, travel to the homes, call-ahead to customers, meeting with the customers, document the pickup, and removing identified appliances for customer’s residence.
- Meet the established daily, weekly and monthly Key Performance Indicators for appliance pickup appointments
- Convey positive image of project partners by maintaining a professional appearance.
- Track and report pickups and deliveries using a mobile device with pick up routing application, as well as paperwork as required.
- Cooperatively work with program staff to identify and recommend areas for process improvement
- Perform related work as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year furniture or appliance delivery or loading and unloading
- 1 year customer service experience
- Knowledge and understanding of safe material handling, moving, loading, and securing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional appearance
- Proficiency with mobile devices, mobile GPS, and related mapping applications.
- Comfortable working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Exercises good judgment and maintains safety at all times
- Able to lead, motivate, be diplomatic, and build positive rapport with customers
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Able to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices)
- Able to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Able to bend, stoop and reach
- Able to lift 75 lbs. and maneuver load safely.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screening
- Valid driver’s license preferred, with a good driving record / motor vehicle report
More Opportunities View All