- Diagnose and troubleshoot HVAC equipment, indoor comfort, energy efficiency, and related problems on demand emergency service calls.
- Perform routine maintenance on HVAC equipment and identify (potential) problems affecting current or future performance of equipment and identify sales opportunities
- Present options, service agreements, and pricing to customers in a clear, polite, and respectful manner
- Complete approved repairs/improvements in a timely manner, leave a clean and orderly work area, collect payment, fill out paperwork properly, and make our customers delighted so they will always call us for their HVAC needs. The nature of a small business is that most team members will have to perform multiple duties.
- Average at least 40 hours per week
- Overtime as required
- On call evenings and over weekends as required
- Routinely work outside and in basements. May work in crawlspaces and attics.
- Effective, consistent, and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers, and others is required
To adequately perform the duties of this job the employee is regularly and routinely required to sit; stand, walk, stoop, kneel, handle controls; hear, and talk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to communicate clearly in a friendly, personable way with customers and coworkers.
- Training as an HVAC installation, maintenance, or service technician or comparable education. NATE certification a plus but not required.
- EPA certified
- Valid social security card, driver’s license, and a clean driving record
- Well groomed, neat appearance. Facial hair is allowed but must be well kept.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to complete the job correctly the first time
- Understands and willing to follow proper safety techniques
- Ability to follow controls/wiring schematic
- Ability to braze/solder/weld
- On call over weekends and after hours as required
- Be able to operate a tablet for presenting repair options and completing paperwork
- Service Technician must provide their own hand tools
More Opportunities View All