Maintenance Technician-East Peoria IL
This facility maintenance technician is responsible for providing an advanced level expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the facility and/or production equipment and systems in a large industrial environment. Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the strong organizational/time management skills needed to be successful in this role.
Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot industrial facility and/or production equipment and systems such as HVAC, Compressors, Chillers, CNC machine tools, robotics, pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, air handlers and other equipment as required. Perform all aspects of preventive and corrective electrical / mechanical maintenance on all facility and/or production related industrial systems including, but not limited to: HVAC, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyor systems, filtration systems, and coolant systems.
The Facility Maintenance Technician must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- A strong electrical skill set is required, including experience with control systems and 480V systems.
- Prior experience with air compressors, air dryers and HVAC systems in a production setting are required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs HVAC machinery, cooling systems, pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems; conveyors; overhead cranes.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, alignments, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
- Able to weld and fabricate.
- Utilizes safe rigging and lifting techniques.
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer. Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- Associates degree or technical certification in Industrial Technology, Industrial HVAC, Industrial Electrical, Industrial Mechanical, and/or related technical program or equivalent
- Must be able to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment and systems such as HVAC, Compressors, Chillers, robotics, pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, air handlers.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six years of experience as an industrial maintenance technician or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work from an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
More Opportunities View All