Maintenance Technician/Plumber/HVAC- Champaign IL
The Maintenance Technician/Plumber/HVAC is responsible for performing routine maintenance on HVAC equipment, repairing and maintaining plumbing fixtures, and providing support to other Maintenance Technicians with operational tasks as needed.
The Maintenance Technician/Plumber/HVAC is a full-time, 12 month, Professional Support Staff appointment on a schedule established by the Director of the Physical Plant. Overtime or an altered work schedule maybe required. The Maintenance Technician/Plumber/HVAC must be able to accurately prioritize tasks, work independently as well as with a team. Work contacts include administrators, faculty, staff, outside contractors, and third party providers.
Application Close Date: July 26, 2021
All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from email@example.com.
Essential Job Functions:
· Respond to requests/work orders generated through the Physical Plant work order system in a timely manner; complete and return appropriate work order forms to the Physical Plant office.
· Troubleshoot and repair plumbing fixtures when issues arise.
· Perform preventative maintenance on all HVAC equipment as scheduled or as needed; this includes but is not limited to filter changes, belt replacement, and lubrication.
· Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the buildings’ various HVAC Building Automation Control systems using print and/or computerized blueprints.
· Use Building Automation Control systems to make basic adjustments to VAVs, dampers, and temperature to maintain a comfortable working/learning environment.
· Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment and obtain items as needed; process work orders; research and recommend parts/solutions for items no longer available, make recommendations for large purchases of supplies and materials.
· Contact and work with outside contractors regarding project bids and estimates.
· Assist the Electrician, HVAC Technician, or other Maintenance Technicians as well as contractors as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or GED equivalent.
· One year of commercial/institutional HVAC and plumbing experience.
· Safe and proficient use of a mechanical bucket hoist, various repair equipment, small plumbing tools, and other equipment necessary to perform the job.
· Ability to read print and computerized blue prints.
· Ability to lift and move 50 pounds unassisted.
· Verbal and mathematical skills sufficient to complete work orders, accurately calculate measurements, and perform other duties.
· Functional ability in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, and the ability to learn computer programs and the Parkland information and electronic mail systems as technology changes.
· Three years of HVAC, plumbing experience and an apprenticeship.
· Plumbing license and/or HVAC certified
More Opportunities View All