Mechanic Operations- Bloomington IL
The primary function of this role is to provide safe, reliable, cost effective service for customers, and stakeholders. To ensure adherence to compliance related tasks, provide good customer service. This position requires the ability to respond to gas leak emergency orders, investigate, identify, resolve, mitigate, or process for resolution. Part of that task requires being the first responder to incidents and working with emergency responders for local agencies and other entities.
Established Essential Duties:
- Adheres to all safety and work rules, company policies and procedures and follow the Company safety manual.
- Shows the ability to utilize different tools and equipment associated with the varying job tasks.
- Represents the company in all interactions with customers, government and regulatory officials in a courteous and professional manner.
- Operates Company vehicles and equipment in accordance with Company policies and procedures, including state and federal laws.
- Works in varying weather conditions, changing elements, and at times in extreme weather conditions.
- Perform inspection, assessment, repair, or mitigation of atmospheric corrosion
- Uses various hand tools and power tools
- Hand digging, and probing for subsurface gas readings
- Works on jobsites containing uneven surfaces, excavations, and landscaping
- Works in a potential gaseous atmosphere.
- Physical dexterity and ability to use tools
- Available to work overtime as necessary to meet business requirements and flexibility in working shifts as required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time, ability to drive long distances, ability to stand for short and long durations, squat, crawl, walk up and down stairs, and utilize a ladder.
- Ability to listen and follow directions, to read and understand technical material, the willingness for continual education, and to adapt to new technology or processes.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License and pass Company driving tests
- Experience with pipefitting, HVAC, or Machine Shop Operator experience
- Certification from a Trade School
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
Required: (within “x” time frame)
- Pass all required Operator Qualification certifications
- Maintain compliance with Pipeline Safety Drug and Alcohol testing program
- Demonstrate skills in:
- Leak Investigation
- Hazard identification
- Relighting appliances
- Pipe fitting
- Small tool use
- Hand dig with proper tooling
- Safe Driving and all Safety initiatives
- Computer use, Smart Phone use, technology use, Atlas Page reading, and Map reading
- Organizational daily planning
- Pass Company’s Field Operations Service Mechanic certification test
- Ability to smell odorant used to detect gas leaks
- Join IBEW local Union
- Possess good work ethic
- Be self-motivated, self-starter
- Able to comprehend and follow direction
- Able to work in varying conditions (i.e., rough terrain, weather)
- Able to operate basic equipment, machinery and simple tools
- Possess willingness to learn
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Possess basic knowledge of and background in all Operating departments
- Includes Sys Ops, Con Ops, & Corrosion
- Able to communicate well with co-workers and customers
- Possess experience operating fleet vehicles similar to pick-up vehicle (up to 10,000 lbs.) and equipment
- Possess experience working on construction sites
- Possess good hand/eye coordination
More Opportunities View All