Mechanical Engineer Springfield, IL/ Peoria, IL
As a Mechanical Engineer, you’ll be part of a growing Hanson environment while working on exciting and challenging large-scale projects as part of a collaborative, experienced and diverse team. This position will be responsible for design and construction observation, energy audits, commissioning (Cx) and retro-commissioning (RCx) of building and facility mechanical systems for a variety of industrial, educational, institutional, governmental and commercial projects. These systems will include HVAC and energy systems of varying types and sizes (including temperature controls and energy management systems), plumbing systems, special piping systems (for hospitals, laboratories, etc.) and fire protection systems. Studies may include due diligence studies of existing systems, feasibility and conceptual design studies with preliminary construction cost estimates, energy audits and analyses, indoor air quality evaluation studies and utility master plan reports.
Additionally, as a Mechanical Engineer, you will support the mechanical discipline by providing senior technical expertise, input regarding processes, deliverables and standards of practice, engagement with partners and stakeholders external to Hanson to maintain an understanding of industry trends and emerging technologies, and proficiency in communicating Hanson’s technical capabilities to both technical communities and the public
This position is slated for one of Hanson’s main offices in the Midwest (Springfield, IL; Peoria, IL; St. Louis, MO).
- Assist technical personnel assigned to the Mechanical Discipline to develop redundant resources and deliver standardized performance.
- Participate in monthly meetings for continuing development of technical proficiency within the discipline, including creation and continuing development of discipline-specific standards with regards to standard operating procedures, internal design and calculation tools, and master details and specifications.
- Work with team members inside and outside the Mechanical Discipline to execute projects and prepare technical deliverables to meet project requirements.
- Provide input to the strategic planning process relative to current and future technical areas of competency, and emerging technologies and practices.
- Provide recommendations on the technical organizations, committees within those organizations and technical conferences and events in which Hanson should participate.
- Provide technical support for proposals/pursuits, including go/no-go decisions, scoping, costing, and scheduling.
- Provide technical support for agreement preparation.
- Helping engage other technical staff (both inside and outside the Practice) to keep abreast of trends and emerging technologies/practices which may impact project efficiency, production, and delivery.
- Ability to effectively communicate between multiple office locations and multiple disciplines.
- Work under the supervision and direction of the Hanson Mechanical Discipline Manager.
- Become the Mechanical Engineer of Record for projects in Illinois for which candidate will have responsible charge.
More Opportunities View All