Mechanical Maintenance Tech III
Amentum is seeking a 1st shift Mechanical Maintenance Technician III in Peoria, IL. Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday, 6:30am – 3:00pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
This facility maintenance mechanic is responsible for providing an intermediate level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the facility mechanical equipment and systems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot ventilation equipment, pumps, fans, chillers, rooftop AHU’s, split systems, compressors, refrigeration, etc. in an industrial environment. Experience testing, troubleshooting and repairing overhead and underhung cranes as well has jib hoists. Strong mechanical/electrical skills are required, including the ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V.
This mechanical maintenance technician must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Perform monthly, semi annual and annual crane inspections.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and repairs to all types of crane systems such as overhead, underhung and jib hoists.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs facility mechanical systems; pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems; conveyors; and overhead cranes.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs blowers and fans.
- Troubleshoots and repairs commercial doors, including those made by Rytek, DoorMan, Mega Door, DynaCo Doors, and similar manufacturers.
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
- Performs basic pipefitting repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Assists in the movement of machines/fixtures, materials, and equipment as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance on mechanical systems control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
More Opportunities View All