Mechanical Maintenance Tech III- Decatur IL
Amentum is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technician 3 to join our 3rd shift industrial maintenance team in Decatur, IL! Typical work schedule is 10 PM to 6:30 AM; hours may vary based on business demand.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs facility mechanical systems; pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs HVAC/R equipment, blowers, and fans.
- Troubleshoots and repairs commercial doors, including those made by Rytek, DoorMan, Mega Door, DynaCo Doors, and similar manufacturers.
- Ability to work on floor systems including wood block and epoxy repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
- Performs basic pipefitting repairs.
- Perform welding and fabrication.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Assists in the movement of machines/fixtures, materials, and equipment as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance on mechanical systems control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC, or related Facility Maintenance discipline.
- HVAC Certification
- Experience with building mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics and repairs.
- Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility related equipment.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.
More Opportunities View All