Mobile Engineer - Bloomington IL
The Mobile Engineer has a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing facility equipment on all systems. In order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments, the Mobile Engineer is expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (e.g., Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations) and be multi-skilled in others.
- Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
- Identify, enforce, and assess safety hazards and risks.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Perform maintenance and monitoring repairs to the mechanical, plumbing, structural, furniture, control, and fire, life and safety systems to keep building systems up to applicable standards.
- Maintain HVAC systems and equipment at optimum levels (e.g., cleaning, inspecting, changing parts).
- Where necessary, record readings and make adjustments to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Comply with departmental policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Monitor pricing and work quality of outside contractors.
- Review monthly Client Service Request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist site Facility Management team with emergency situations (e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, hazardous conditions) and take appropriate actions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE).
- In strict accordance, ability to perform all applicable safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Have thorough knowledge of building systems to achieve operating costs – especially energy! – and satisfy customer requirements.
- Demonstrate aptitude for and/or have practical experience with thermodynamic, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer controlled equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including Word and Excel
PHYSICAL WORK ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires frequent walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, lifting, stooping, and working/extending overhead, including:
- Walking large, campus-like settings.
- Lifting a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Climbing stairs and navigating rooftops to access equipment.
- Using ladders up to 30 ft. and working from heights.
- Climbing a ladder with a 300-lb weight limit while carrying a tool bag weighing approximately 20 lbs.
More Opportunities View All